How the Daily Mile will work at Eaton 2017/18
We are really excited about this new initiative and we are looking forward to the health and well-being benefits it will bring our children.
- Children will complete the Daily Mile every day.
- The Daily Mile will be for all children – from Reception to Year 6
- Children will complete the Daily Mile immediately after lunch break, staying on the playground to save time.
- All children will need to have outdoor trainers at school every day which they will wear for lunch break, and then for the Daily Mile.
- Teachers and staff will participate in the Daily Mile – it is a whole school event.
- The Daily Mile will be completed on 2 circuits. A junior and an infant circuit.
- The Daily Mile will last for no longer than 15 minutes each day.
- We will try to run every day – weather permitting.
- If the field is very wet, we will move to the hard surface playgrounds.
- Miss Coombes – supported by the Key Stage Leaders Mr Jones, Mrs Major and Miss Watson – will lead the Daily Mile.